Get Car Insurance
From Budget Insurance
*Based on your profile, your details will be sent to insurance partners that will best serve your needs. That may be a different company than the one featured on this page and form
0861 11 14 13
Online Support Email: [email protected]
Ethics Email: [email protected]
Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191
Budget Insurance controls the fun
Budgets insurance help control the fun, so you still have enough money left over for your insurance premiums, even if they’re ‘low low’. Budget Insurance has been providing online car insurance direct to the public since before online insurance was cool. What’s more, they’ve expanded their portfolio to offer buildings insurance, home contents insurance and business insurance direct.
Unlike other direct short-term insurers, Budget Insurance rewards customers for referring their friends (maximum 20). For every friend or family member who takes a policy with Budget Insurance you earn R500 30 days after his or her first premium is paid. To become a buddy, all you need to do is register to manage your policy online.
The insurer also allows you to apply for online insurance quotes for car and home insurance, business insurance, personal accident insurance, cellphone insurance and value added products.
Budget car and home insurance quotes
Like other direct short-term insurers, Budget Insurance vehicle cover offers online quoting for comprehensive, third party, fire and theft, and third party insurance for cars, motorbikes and watercraft. Their product range also includes caravan and trailer insurance.
Budget’s home insurance refers to both buildings insurance and home contents, both of which are available as eQuotes.
Budget business insurance quotes
Combining traditional business insurance policies to cater for your unique business, Budget Insurance allows clients to consolidate their business insurance portfolio. Tailor-made policies can be taken out for professionals, office-based, retail, medical and hospitality businesses. The policies also come with a range 24-hour business assistance such as legal advice, computer and IT support, office assistance and so on.
Budget personal accident insurance
Similar to a life insurance policy, Budget Insurance personal accident policy covers the policyholder in the event of disability, hospitalization and death. The policy, though, is short-term, and does not function as an investment with options to borrow from the account.
Budget cellphone insurance
Budget’s cellphone insurance covers your mobile for theft, smash and grab, accidental loss, accidental damage and water damage. Given the unique risks associated with owning a cellphone, it requires its own insurance policy. Other value added products include funeral insurance, insurance for chips, dents and minor scratches for your vehicle and accidental exposure to HIV/Aids.
Helping you control the fun, Budget Insurance Brokers cut the cost, not the cover.
Getting cheap rates on auto insurance
Some insurance companies focus on the bare necessities for you to drive legally—bodily injury and property damage liability with the minimum limits—along with a claims process that’s spotty at best. Rather than take a chance on that cheap car insurance company, you can get quality coverage that won’t break the bank with Nationwide.
Nationwide’s insurance professionals can quickly design a car insurance quote that meets your precise needs, even for those on a budget. Rather than going with the cheapest car insurance quote, make sure the company you choose provides flexible coverage and billing options. For instance, Nationwide allows members to pay monthly, quarterly or semi-annually online, through the mail or over the phone. It’s important to keep long-term flexibility in mind when deciding on an insurance carrier, not just go with the cheapest car insurance option.
How do I get cheap car insurance?
Everybody wants the best value for their car insurance premium. That’s why Nationwide offers many ways to get low rates, including our car insurance discounts. But what really makes us unique is the quality we offer our members. Here are a few benefits Nationwide members get:
- Dependable, customizable car insurance – you can choose the auto insurance policies that suit your lifestyle and budget.
- Top-notch claims service – Nationwide Claims Service is there when you need it, 24/7. You can file a claim online or by phone.
- An annual On Your Side ® Review to ensure your coverage is meeting your needs.
- Accident Forgiveness helps you avoid increased rates in the event of your first at-fault accident.
How can I lower my car insurance rates?
Certain factors influence your auto insurance rates, including some things you can control:
- The kind of car you drive – The price and style of your vehicle will impact how much your rates will be. The age of your car also matters; older cars tend to be cheaper to insure.
- The kind of coverage you choose – If you drive an older car with high mileage, you might consider dropping collision or comprehensive coverage if you need to keep your premiums low.
- The amount of your deductible – Higher deductibles can significantly lower car insurance premiums. While it could mean more out-of-pocket expenses in the event of an accident, it could also mean paying less over time.
- Where you keep your car – Rates are determined to some degree by the area in which you live and park your car.
- The number of drivers on your policy – If you add someone to your policy, your rate will increase, particularly if that “someone” is a new teen driver. Statistically teenagers have more accidents so they’re more expensive to insure.
- Your driving record – Insurance rates can sometimes increase after an accident or moving violation. The good news? You may qualify for a discount after a certain period of driving accident-free.
You can learn more about the factors that impact the cost of car insurance – and be sure to take them into account as you shop for coverage.
What about those discounts?
You can get more affordable rates on Nationwide coverage with our car insurance discounts, such as:
- Multiple policies discount – When you carry multiple types of insurance policies from Nationwide (car insurance, home insurance, life insurance, motorcycle insurance and so on), you could qualify for lower premiums on each policy than if you had separate policies from different insurers. Think of it as a discount for bundling.
- Affinity discount – We have established relationships with several organizations to offer discounts to their members. If you belong to such a group, you may be eligible for a discount on insurance from Nationwide.
- Good student discount – Cheap car insurance for students is possible with Nationwide.
- SmartRide ® discount – SmartRide is a tracking tool we offer to reward safe driving. Here’s where rubber truly meets the road – plug the device into your car and it will track your driving habits, such as hard braking, speed and so forth. With a steady hand at the wheel, your low-risk driving can earn you lower insurance premiums.
- Paperless discount – You’ll save money on stamps and avoid late fees if you sign up to have your Nationwide bill paid automatically at regular intervals from your checking or savings account. Some policyholders may even earn a recurring discount when they agree to receive documents electronically.
Start saving money today
Yes, you can have cheap car insurance and unparalleled protection. Get a quote in minutes from Nationwide.
Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which control coverage determinations. Such terms may vary by state, and exclusions may apply. Discounts may not be applied to all policy coverages.
Business Insurance Quotes
Hippo.co.za will help you find business insurance quotes to suit your unique needs and your budget.
Start your quote here
Compare a range of Business Insurance brands
Why do you need Business Insurance?
Whether you’re a florist, dentist, or an accountant, there are certain risks that most businesses face like fire, theft, natural disaster or employee injury. Business Insurance provides cover against these unforeseen events that could lead to substantial financial loss.
You can’t predict what might happen to your business in the future. There are many factors that could threaten its productivity, such as unexpected fire damage to your property, theft, a natural disaster, or the injury of a key employee.
Without cover you might be exposing your company to risk; a single blunder could drain your hard-earned resources and force you to cease operation.
A quick guide to Business Insurance
Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance protects the commercial property of the policyholder from damage in the event of fire, theft or natural disaster. Apart from the brick and mortar structure of the property, installed machinery and equipment used for business operations, which would be very expensive to replace or repair if damaged, could also be covered. Depending on the policy, there are also clauses to allow you to claim financial compensation if business activity is reduced or stopped entirely.
Credit Risk Insurance
- This type of Business Insurance covers businesses from the potential risk of financial loss due to non-payment by debtors to whom they have credited money to. If a business has sold a product or service to a customer who has a certain amount of time to pay for the product or service, and they don’t do so, the business will be financially covered to ensure business and cash flow continues, while protecting the balance sheet against bad debt losses.
Employers’ Liability Insurance
- This type of insurance policy covers business owners financially when they are liable to pay for damages to an employee after an accident that occurred during the course of the business day. Damages include injury, illness or death of a person employed and in contract with the business owner. The incident must be reported to the insurance company as close to its time of occurrence as possible in order to minimise the risk of an invalid claim.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance provides financial protection to businesses that provide a professional service to their clients. If a client suffers a significant financial loss as a result of a business’s alleged negligence, the client is likely to seek compensation. Professional Indemnity Insurance will provide cover for the legal fees incurred in the event the business has to defend itself against allegations of negligence, as well as damages payable to the client.
Product Liability Insurance
- Product Liability Insurance covers a business financially from any possible claims a customer might make if injury, illness or death occurs from the use of one of their defective products. A product can be classified as software, equipment or food that the business has supplied. If this occurs, the business will have the financials available to pay for any legal fees or medical costs that arise. Without this type of insurance, the business will have to use its own money.
Key Person Insurance
- This type of Business Insurance offers financial compensation to a business if an important employee is unable to work due to death, disability or illness. An important employee is most often classified as the owner, founder, CEO or any other person who plays a key role in the maintenance of cash flow. It pays out a lump sum to the business to minimise the financial loss the business might experience if this employee cannot work.
Have any additional questions about Business Insurance?
Check out our glossary of comprehensive list of FAQs.
We understand how much blood, sweat and tears it takes to run a successful business – we’ve been around the block a few times.
Unfortunately, many business owners try to skate by without insurance, exposing their company to grave risk. Without coverage, a single blunder could drain your hard-earned resources and force you to close your doors.
Being underinsured or having no insurance cover is a risky business. Let Hippo connect you with the top insurance providers in the country. We only work with the best in the business, and so should you.
Time is money. Chat to one of our partners; get your free quote and save!
It’s a pleasure doing business with you.
Other products that may interest you
Car Insurance covers you against losses due to theft and/or damages. Enjoy peace of mind when out on the road.
Hippo will help you find the right Life Insurance to suit your needs and budget.
Enjoy the benefit of legal assistance when you need it. Simply complete a few easy steps to compare Legal Assistance quotes side by side.
Hippo is retrieving information so you can complete the process. It will be worth the wait.
*Savings amount based on 2017 research by Kaufman Levin Associates. Risk profile dependent.
Hippo Comparative Services (Pty) Ltd is an authorised financial service provider. FSP number: 16357. 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191.
Car Insurance Quotes
If you’re looking for cheap Car Insurance, our comparison tool will help you find quotes that suit your needs and your budget.
Get a quote in 3 hassle-free steps
Fill out your car registration number and we’ll
look up your car details for you.
Start your free Car Insurance Quote here
Compare these Car Insurance brands side by side
Why do you need Car Insurance?
Car Insurance covers you if:
Your vehicle injures another person or damages their property
You are responsible for an accident
Your vehicle is destroyed or stolen
Accidents, vehicle theft and breakdowns can happen when you least expect it. How would you afford the costs of replacing or repairing your car, or pay for the damage to someone else’s vehicle? A Car Insurance policy could assist with paying these costs. Hippo.co.za compares a range of insurance providers in South Africa that offer coverage tailored to your specific needs.
A quick guide to Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Provides cover for just about any form of financial loss related to your vehicle.
- Provides cover for damage caused to another person and their property if you are responsible for an accident.
Third party fire and theft
- Provides cover for damage caused to another person and their property if you are responsible for an accident.
- Covers you if your car is stolen or damaged in the event of a hijacking, theft or fire.
Third party only
- Covers the damage caused to another person and their property if you are responsible for an accident.
- Does not provide cover if your vehicle is damaged or stolen.
Car Insurance for Under 25s
- If you are younger than 25 years of age and you’re looking to purchase Car Insurance you will soon find out that your age plays a big role in how companies assess your risk, and ultimately your premium.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim
- If you’ve recently been in accident, or would like to know how to make an accident-related claim on your Car Insurance for future reference, here’s all you need to know.
Car Insurable Values
- Find out the difference between retail value, market value, trade value, and agreed value. You can insure your car under four different value options, and this could affect the premium you pay.
How excess affects your Car Insurance premium
- Excess refers to a fixed amount that you have to pay if you make a Car Insurance claim. Hippo.co.za explains how excess influences your Car Insurance premium.
The difference between personal and business vehicle use
- When comparing Car Insurance quotes, it is important to determine whether the vehicle that you’re looking to insure will be used for personal travel or for business-related purposes.
Want to compare Car Insurance quotes?
Use any of these 3 easy methods to get a Car Insurance quote
Leave your details
and we will call you back
we will be in touch shortly
Call us now
and get your obligation free
Car Insurance quote
0861 007 371
Get a quick online
Car Insurance quote
Have any additional questions about Car Insurance?
Check out our glossary or comprehensive list of FAQs.
Statistics have shown that out of 10 million motorists on South African roads, 65% are uninsured. The financial risk of being another statistic is too great to chance! Imagine being responsible for the costs of an accident – whether it’s your fault or not! Rather enjoy peace of mind by getting Car Insurance that will cover you in these situations. Hippo.co.za will help you to find the best deal on your Car Insurance.
Why compare Car Insurance with Hippo?
Hippo.co.za is dedicated to saving you time and money. With Hippo.co.za you could:
- Save hundreds of Rands per month*
- Instantly compare Car Insurance quotes side-by-side
- Receive unbiased and impartial Car Insurance quotes
Hippo.co.za will provide Car Insurance quotes from a range of South African insurance brands. Because we provide this choice, you are able to choose the cover that suits your needs and budget – in minutes. Simply enter your details, compare quotes and select “I’m interested” to start saving.
Other products that may interest you
Tyre and Rim Guard
This covers your vehicle’s rims and/or tyres if they’re damaged by driving on uneven roads and through potholes.
If your manufacturer’s warranty has expired, this warranty will cover your vehicle.
Scratch and Dents
Complement your Car Insurance, get insurance specifically for small dents and scratches to your car.
We need your vehicle information in order to give you the most accurate Car Insurance quote possible.