Travel Insurance is an insurance policy which covers all risks while you are travelling within India or abroad. Everybody loves to travel. Travelling is an amazing experience & fun to cope up with stress & depression. While spending quality time with friends & family on a vacation, you live many key moments and collect unforgettable memories forever.
Whether you’re planning to travel for a business trip, enjoying vacation either with family or close friends, or studying abroad, it’s highly recommended to buy travel insurance plan to take care of risks or losses that might occur during the trip. Travel Insurance is meant to protect you & your loved ones from unforeseen circumstances, even if you are not with them.
Compare & select the best online travel insurance policy is one of the major key factors. PolicyBazaar is one-stop platform, which gives you an opportunity to explore & deeply analyze the various travel plans offered by general insurance companies in India. Below mentioned are few things, which you need to keep in mind while buying a travel plan:
- Covers Flight Delay and Cancellations
- No Extra Cost for Pre-Existing Diseases
- Covers for Passport and Baggage lLoss
- Personal Accident and Liability Covered
- Quick Claim Reimbursement with Cashless Options
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
Avail Cashless Hospitalization
As you know that travel insurance includes coverage for medical emergencies too, it is prudent as well as highly recommended for you to collect your E Card from your insurer before traveling to a foreign country. Insurance companies have their agencies in different countries, which settle all such claims.
All you need to do register yourself with the number mentioned on the E Card in order to be eligible for any such treatment in a foreign land if and when necessary. However, you can avail cashless hospitalization at a network hospital only, which means it should be inpatient hospitalization only.
Compare & Buy Best Travel Insurance Policies in India
Travel Insurance Types
You can choose which coverage to opt for on the basis of your specific requirement. Travel plans and policy offer coverage against all possible emergency situations during transit.
Domestic Travel Insurance
Domestic travel insurance is meant for customers who are travelling within the country. It provides coverage for medical emergencies, permanent disability and death, checked-in lost/stolen baggage, travel delay and personal liability.
International Travel Insurance
International travel insurance offers protection from a number of contingencies for overseas travellers during international travel. It provides a comprehensive coverage for medical expenses overseas, hijack, baggage and travel delays, repatriations/evacuation to India, and loss of travel documents/passport besides the usual coverage.
Student Travel Insurance
Student Travel Insurance is a travel policy designed for students travelling abroad on student visa to pursue higher studies. The policy covers students who are going colleges, universities or institutes in a foreign country for academic or professional courses. There is minimum paperwork involved in student plans. The coverage is comprehensive and provides for expenses incurred on medical treatment, passport loss, and study interruptions.
Medical Travel Insurance
Medical travel insurance is a short-term travel insurance plan formulated to cover specifically the health care and medical expenses incurred such as medical emergency and evacuation etc. when an individual travel overseas. The exact inclusions and exclusions depend upon the insurance provider from whom the medical travel insurance plan is purchased.
Group Travel Insurance
Group travel insurance, as the name suggests, is a type of travel insurance policy that covers a bunch of people who are not related to each other by blood and are traveling to a distant place together. This group of people could be members of a club, who are going on an international trip to participate in an activity or something. A group travel insurance policy in such a case saves thousands on the premium.
Senior Citizen Travel Insurance
Senior citizen travel insurance is for people who belong to the age group of 61-70 years. It is a travel medical insurance policy aimed at senior citizens to make their travel a pleasant experience. It includes coverage for dental treatments and cashless hospitalization besides the usual benefits associated with travel insurance.
Family Travel Insurance
A family travel Insurance plan insures the entire family of the insured individual from travel related emergencies. This plan covers hospitalization (travel medical insurance), baggage loss, and other incidental expenses. The claim disbursement is easy with minimal paperwork involved.
Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
A multi-trip travel insurance is a type of travel insurance offering extended coverage usually for a year, specially designed for frequent fliers for multiple trips so that they don’t have to apply for insurance every time they travel.
Single Trip Travel Insurance
This type of travel insurance provides coverage for the duration of a single trip. It takes care of medical (travel health insurance) and non-medical emergencies during travel including coverage for loss of checked-in baggage.
Corporate Travel Insurance
Under corporate travel insurance India, employees of an organization can get coverage for both international and domestic trips.
4 Key Features of Best Travel Insurance You Must Know
Purchasing a travel policy online is all about providing travellers an ideal cover against emergencies and unforeseen situations right from the comfort of home. There are certain key features which one should look out for while zeroing in on a plan.
- Compensation for Flight Issues – A travel policy provides you with compensation in certain cases, including flight delay or cancellation. This usually is covered in the case of traveling abroad. You will be provided with accommodation during the waiting period.
- Medical Emergency & Hospitalization – What if you met with an accident during your trip or a medical emergency strikes all of a sudden? It’s your travel policy that bears the expenses, including hospitalization or medical treatment for bodily injuries, ambulance fee, etc.
- Travel & Accommodation – Any emergency causing trip termination or delay is typically covered by travel plan. In the meanwhile, expenses arising out of hotel accommodation, in-between transportation, air ambulance (if required due to a medical emergency), etc. are settled under the coverage of your travel policy.
- Legal Liability & Expenses – Travel policies provide coverage for legal liabilities and corresponding legal expenses whatsoever, in addition to coverage in term of medical and accommodation expenses.
10 Reasons Why You Should Buy Travel Insurance
Over the last decade, travel has become a significant part of our lives. Be it for business, leisure, or pursuing higher education overseas, a large number of individuals travel regularly. With this increase in frequency, the risks associated with traveling have also increased. Hence, it is crucial to be aware of everything related to your trip. All that information will come in super handy if you find yourself in unforeseen situations while you are aboard.
To know why you should buy travel insurance, take a look below. It will help you avoid any confusion whenever any emergency knocks on your door.
- It Covers You against All the Health Emergencies – While unexpected events can occur anytime and anywhere, a possibility of it being a medical emergency is more likely. Most probably, your health insurance plan will cease to exist the moment you step out of the country. At the time of buying travel insurance, make sure you opt for a wider coverage. In a foreign country like the US, the treatment of even a minor wound will cost you a bomb.
- It is Mandatory in Some Countries – In some countries, such as the US, it is important for a traveler to have a travel insurance cover; else they won’t be able to enter the geographical boundaries of the country. Also, in some countries, healthcare costs are so expensive that it is a win-win deal for individuals when they opt for a travel insurance plan.
- Coverage in Remote Areas – If the location you are visiting is remote, chances are that the medical facilities might be inadequate. If you meet with an accident or suddenly fall sick, you might need to be airlifted to a hospital. If you don’t have any insurance coverage, the incurred airlifting expenses would cost you an arm and a leg.
- Dental Emergencies – Even while traveling, the risk of losing a tooth in a nasty fall is as much as when you are at home. As this cannot wait for your return to home, you will have to seek immediate medical intervention. As dental expenses (and the associated pain) can be a true killjoy, travel insurance plans tend to cover such expenses. At least, you pocket wouldn’t hurt.
- Claim Your Flight Cancellation or Rescheduled Flight Fees – When you are ready to embark on your trip to a location of your choice, canceled/rescheduled flights can be really annoying. It drastically lowers your enthusiasm and excitement levels even before the trip begins. Technical issues, adverse weathers, strikes etc. could be a hurdle and you could miss your connecting flight because of that.
Buying a travel insurance plan provides coverage against flight delays/cancellations as well as baggage delay/loss even before your trip actually begins.
While traveling abroad, if your baggage gets lost or is stolen, the replacement cost would be too much.
Firstly, you would have to shell out money from your pocket for a duplicate passport and a copy of the required travel documents. Then, you would need fresh clothes and toiletries. A travel insurance plan would offer much-needed support in the hour of need by providing reimbursement for such expenses.
How to Choose Best Travel Insurance Plan
While planning a vacation with your family or a group of friends, you probably always think about adventure, entertainment, camping and fun and often overlook the likely eventualities like an accident, a sudden illness or a medical emergency. Below mentioned are couple of points which you need to consider before purchasing the best plan for you or your loved ones:
- Company’s Credibility – Company’s goodwill says a lot about the company’s reliability. Trust is an important factor to be considered while selecting an insurance provider. It ensures that the insurer will fulfill its promise(s) on time.
- Affordability – Costs has its own significance when it comes to selecting a travel plan. Minimum premiums are convenient to pay, easy on your pocket, and they make travel policies affordable.
- Hassle-free – There are so many policies available in the insurance market. What makes you finalize a plan is its convenience. Buying a travel policy should be easy and hassle-free.
- Destination – Your destination decides the premium that you have to pay. Countries where health care is expensive, the premium for the coverage would be higher for obvious reasons.
- Duration of The Travel – The premium is directly proportional to the duration of your journey. You have to a pay higher premium for a longer duration. Frequent flyers are recommended to go for annual multi-trip plans, as it is economical.
- Purpose of the Travel – If your trip revolves around adventure activities, then it is preferable to opt for a special plan, as it would provide you with an adequate coverage. If your trip is relaxing one and it includes sightseeing and trying out different cuisines, then basic travel insurance plan would be sufficient for you.
- Age – Premium for a travel plan for a 25 years old person would be different from the premium for a 45 years old person. Senior citizens can select plan(s) that provide coverage for senior citizens which include pre-existing illness. The premium will be increased as the cover expands.
- Sum Insured – The premium depends on the sum insured. If sum insured is high, then the cost of the policy will also be high and vice-versa.
- Coverage – Having add-ons or not having add-ons determines your premium. The advantage of having add-ons is that it widens the umbrella of your coverage, which is good.
- Claim Settlement Percentage – It determines the number of claims that have been settled by the insurance company. The percentage has a lot to tell about the company’s settlements. Claim settlement percentage gives an edge to the company over its competitors.
- Solvency Ratio – The solvency ratio determines the steadiness and the fiscal goodwill of the insurance provider. It depicts the insurers’ ability to generate business without becoming bankrupt.
What are the Inclusions of a Travel Insurance Plan?
The coverage offered by a travel plan varies from one insurer to another. The sum assured and coverage depends on the various add-ons selected and opted plan. Here are the inclusions that come with various travel plans:
Talk to an expert
Talk to an expert
- Covers loss of baggage/passport
- Covers flight delays/flight cancellations
- Covers your medical/hospitalization expenses while traveling abroad
- Quick settlement of claims
- Automatic claim settlement service for the customers through Travel Ezee
Why do I need Travel Insurance?
Travelling can be a beautiful experience. But it also brings with it the risk of things going wrong despite careful planning. Although you may not be able to control external factors that might cause disruptions in your travel plans, you can definitely choose to opt for travel insurance from Bajaj Allianz to help you face any financial setbacks that might occur. This way you can travel overseas with your loved ones keeping all your worries aside.
Catering to people from all walks of life, we have three different plans – Travel Companion, Travel Elite and Student Travel. Choose a basic plan or go for extended covers as per your requirement
Why Buy Travel Insurance from Bajaj Allianz?
Online Travel Insurance Plans
Travelling abroad to a foreign land alone entails a lot of risk. Medical emergencies, losses, and delays can be expensive and cause great inconvenience to you. Are you covered?
A hundred things can go wrong when you travel. Something that’s an inconvenience at home can ruin your holiday when you’re abroad. Is your family covered?
Taking a holiday abroad in your golden years is a dream for many. But little inconveniences and medical problems can sully your enjoyment unless you’ve got someone to take care of them for you.
When you go to study abroad, you want a solid support system to care of any troubles for you. Are you covered?
Other Travel Insurance Products
Corporate travel insurance plan is a comprehensive package which provides complete medical and health cover to the international business traveller.
The Travel Asia Policy is a comprehensive package which provides complete medical and health cover to the international traveller.
Bharat Bhraman Policy, is a domestic travel insurance policy for all individuals travelling within India.
Why Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Now get on-call support anywhere in the world. Just give a missed call on +91-124-6174720 and we’ll connect with you on priority
- Innovative packages to match individual needs.
- Quick disbursement of claims.
- Student and senior citizen specific insurance covers.
- Covers expenses of hospitalization, loss of baggage, trip cancellation, trip curtailment and burglary of your home*.
- Automatic claim settlement service for the customers through Travel Ezee*
*Travel Ezee is a service which enables us to notify customers on flight delay and payout eligibility. All the customer has to do is give us his account details and the money gets transferred to his account in a short time. This concept is unique as it is not the customer that is initiating the claim process; it is us, the insurance company that keeps a track of claim events and initiates the payout. The platform that we have created can be scaled up for more features in the future.
Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance | Get On-call support anywhere
Claim Assistance number
In case of you need any mediclaim assistance in abroad all you need to do is call us at the given toll free nos.
Click here to view toll free nos.
Awards and Recognitions
IDC Digital Transformation Award 2018 for Digital Initiatives
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance won the prestigious IDC Digital Transformation Award 2018 for our Artificial Intelligence based chatbot – BOING. The initiative won under the ‘Digital Transformer’ category at the event organized by IDC. The awards honour the achievements of organizations that have successfully planned and executed the digital transformation (DX) of their business through the use of digital and disruptive technologies in Asia/Pacific region. The award was received by Mr Sandipan Chakraborty, Sr. VP, Technology and Mr Ganesh Chopade, AVP, Technology at a gala ceremony on 10th and 11th August 2018 in New Delhi.
CEO of the Year 2018 at 3rd Annual Insurance India Summit & Awards
Our MD & CEO, Mr. Tapan Singhel, was adjudged as the CEO of the Year at the prestigious 3rd Annual Insurance Industry Summit Awards 2018 on 22nd June 2018. The jury judged leaders across the industry on their performance, ethics and values along with the Company’s performance. The award highlights the CEOs who have steered their organizations to the pinnacle of industrial and financial success.
Frequently Asked Questions
Travel insurance is a form of insurance which covers the medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while travelling. Travel insurance can be availed for both international and domestic travel.
Travel insurance covers various aspects such as trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, lost or delayed baggage, medical coverage, medical evacuation, loss of passport, personal liability, emergency cash advance etc.
Travel insurance saves you a lot of your out of pocket expenses that you would incur in case of medical emergencies, flight delays, loss of baggage, trip cancellation etc. during your travels. It helps you save money in case of a mishap. Therefore, it is important to be insured every time you travel, especially when you are travelling overseas.
While selecting a travel insurance policy keep the following points in mind:
- Check the policy to ensure that covers you during the entire duration of your travel and also covers the destination you’re travelling to.
- Make sure that the medical coverage included in the policy is extensive.
- Make sure that it covers eventualities like missed or cancelled flights or loss/delay in baggage.
- Ensure that the policy covers you and your family members who are travelling with you.
- Make a note of the exclusions to ensure that all your requirements are covered.
- Finally, ensure that the sum insured limit of the policy is adequate.
- You can also avail of relevant add-ons such as home burglary etc.
There can be two scenarios for travel insurance extension i.e. Pre policy expiration & Post policy expiration. The process for both scenarios are as mentioned below.
- Pre policy expiration: In this case, the customer has to inform team Bajaj Allianz about their travel insurance extension requirement. Post receiving the request, Bajaj Allianz representative will require the customer to fill and submit a Good Health form, post which the underwriters evaluate the request and do the needful.
- Post policy expiration: In such scenario, customer has to inform team Bajaj Allianz about their policy extension requirement along with the reason of delay in request. Post receiving the request, the underwriters evaluate the same and based on the details submitted, come to a conclusion.
The claims can essentially be of two types: Medical claims and Non-medical claims. The documents required for the same are as mentioned below:
- Duly filled overseas travel insurance claim form.
- Authorization for release of medical information form.
- Attending physician’s statement.
Duly filled overseas travel insurance claim form. Since the nature of non-medical claims can be of varied, the supporting documents required for each type of claim are different. Click here for more information on the same
All the information required to complete the application is available in the applicants passport. The main data elements are the applicants complete name, passport number, date of birth, mailing address and telephone number in India, the assignee (the beneficiary for the policy in the event of death or dismemberment of the traveler) and the correct travel dates