Travel Insurance Ireland
Fed up with the rain? Looking forward to your sun, sand and sea or even snow, slopes and ski holiday. Make sure you and your family are prepared for all eventualities. Compare Travel Insurance Ireland is an Irish holiday insurance comparison website that will help you choose the right travel policy. There are now a vast number of insurers on the Irish market offering a wide variety of different types of policies. It’s hard to know where to start and what you should be looking out for. This site reviews travel insurance cover limits and benefits.
Holiday cover has become such a hot topic with flights and holidays being disrupted due to strike, adverse weather conditions, third party insolvency and civil unrest. Unfortunately many Irish holiday makers were caught out over the past few years due to snow or volcanic ash, don’t let it be you. Ensure you have adequate insurance in place to cover you, your partner and your family. These risks are on-going issues that will continue to affect Irish holiday makers. Whether you’re travelling alone as a couple or family it is important to plan for the unexpected. It’s essential to know what your policy will cover and the extras that can be added on to ensure your holiday is safeguarded. Compare cheap quotes on Compare Travel Insurance Ireland.
Affiliate Partners & Insurance schemes
Affiliates & insurance schemes include: AA Ireland Limited T/A AA Insurance, Accident & General Insurance Services Ltd T/A BeSure Travel Insurance, Blue Insurance Ltd, Blue Insurance Ltd T/A MultiTrip, MAPFRE S.A. T/A Mapfre Agency Ireland & Insure & Go Ireland, Blue Insurance Ltd T/A Annual Travel Insurance, Blue Insurance Ltd T/A Great Cover, Worldwide Insurance Services Ltd T/A CoverForYou, Blue Insurance Ltd T/A Backpacker Travel Insurance, Worldnomads Ltd, Blue Insurance T/A Economy Cover and Just Cover Ltd.
Compare Travel Insurance
Compare Travel Insurance Ireland reviews travel insurance providers so you don’t have too. There are many different types of holiday insurance available so it is worth your while and may even save you money to know what type of policy suits you, your partner or your family and the best value for certain types of trips away. The main travel policies are single trip, annual cover, multi trip, winter sports, backpacker and long stay travel insurance. A brief description is given below:
- Single trip will cover you for a once off holiday or trip.
- Annual Insurance or multi trip will cover you for multiple trips within the year.
- Winter sport cover will insure you against insured risks on your skiing or snowboarding holiday.
- Backpacker travel insurance or long stay will cover you for an extended period of travel up to twelve months. Although some insurers will now extend that period up to 24 months in total, terms and conditions will apply.
Most travel insurance policies will cover you for cancellation, emergency medical expenses, hospital benefit, personal accident, baggage, personal money, missed departure, delayed departure, third party supplier insolvency and overseas legal expenses as standard, always read the terms and conditions carefully to ensure you understand what is and what is not covered.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition or have questions relating to submitting a claim we have outlined some important and useful holiday cover tips below:
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition, read the terms and conditions very carefully. Some insurers require you to obtain a note from your GP to confirm that you’re fit to travel while others require you to call a health screening number in order to cover that specific condition.
- If you’ve a health insurance policy some insurers may offer you a discount depending on the level of health insurance you have in place. This may vary from company to company. If in doubt give them a quick call.
- If you’ve a pre existing medical condition and you don’t want to insure this condition, your holiday insurance will be valid, although you won’t be able to put through a claim for issues specific to that medical condition.
Tips for submitting a claim
- In the unfortunate event you need to make a claim for medical expenses abroad, ensure you retain all documentation and receipts from the hospital or medical centre where you have been treated.
- If your belongings are lost or stolen, report the loss to the local police station as soon as possible usually within 24 hours or as soon as you become aware the items are missing, ask them to complete a report which you must keep to confirm the incident did occur. If your luggage goes missing you will need a PIR report from the airline.
- Always ensure you have a copy of your travel insurance validation certificate, the policy number, emergency assistance and claim number before you travel.
We hope you will enjoy using our website Compare Travel Insurance Ireland and find it informative and easy to use. Have a fantastic trip, see you soon!
Cheap Travel Insurance
Everyone wants to buy cheap travel insurance that offers comprehensive cover. It is essential that your policy insures you for the main risks which may cause you financial loss. Our aim is to compare cheap travel insurance quotes and to ensure you understand what is and what is not covered!
Your standard travel policy should cover you for:
- Emergency medical expenses.
- 24 hour emergency service and assistance.
- Personal liability: cover in the event that you are being sued for accidently injuring another person or damaging their property.
- Lost and stolen money or personal property i.e. valuables, passport, airline tickets.
- Cancellation and curtailment if you have to cancel or cut your trip short for an insured reason.
- Missed departure, if you missed your flight due to an insured reason.
- The policy should cover you for the duration of your trip.
Your policy may also insure you for the following:
- Personal accident.
- Legal expenses.
- Third party supplier insolvency.
Always read the policy wording carefully for exclusions:
- Most policies will not cover alcohol or drug-related incidents.
- Any insured travelling or 3rd party relative with a terminal prognosis or individuals awaiting test or investigation results from the hospital.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition you may have to check with medical screening, always read the policy wording carefully.
- Age limits may apply to some holiday protection policies.
Travel Insurance Comparison
Always be ready for the unexpected, holiday insurance is intended to cover you for medical expenses, lost or damaged baggage, missed departure, curtailment or holiday cancellation while travelling abroad. Our Travel Insurance comparison will help you review different holiday criteria to ensure you make the right choice.
Most Irish travellers regret not taking out holiday protection. Some think their private health insurance or credit card accident cover is sufficient. Unfortunately this is not the case. A medical emergency can be very expensive. If you need to return to Ireland unexpectedly it may cost you thousands of Euro, if you don’t have adequate insurance.
Before purchasing a holiday policy, ensure you are comparing like with like. The principal benefits you should be comparing are lost baggage, medical expenses, excess levels and holiday cancellation cover. Travel insurance comparison generally takes a bit of research, but it will be worth your while and give you peace of mind while enjoying your holiday abroad. Review our site to compare cheap travel insurance today
Save money with these handy tips
- Travel insurance companies usually charge for sending documentation out in the post, ask them to email you this information instead and save money.
- Insurer’s generally offer discounted quotes for internet bookings, if you book over the telephone you may incur additional charges. If you have any questions give them a quick call they will be more than happy to answer your questions. Once you have this information you may wish to book online.
- You may save money by purchasing direct rather than going through an intermediary. Always shop around and make sure you are comparing like with like.
- Most travel insurance policies will not cover smart phones, Ipads, laptops etc Why not buy a cheap phone for your travels. If you must take these items you can extend your home insurance policy or purchase a gadget insurance policy.
- Many travel insurance companies will offer a discount for couple and family policies. These prices may vary, ensure you compare quotes.
- You may wish to add additional benefits to your travel policy depending on your trip, these may include, winter sports, cruise, business and golf cover. In our opinion one of the most important optional covers would be travel disruption or volcanic ash cover, this will insure the individual in the event flights are cancelled due to volcanic ash or adverse weather conditions. Always read the policy wording carefully to ensure you understand what is and what is not covered or protected. If in doubt give the insurance company a quick call.
- Many insurers will not offer cover once you have departed Ireland, ensure you take the insurance out well in advance.
- Most travel insurers will offer a discount if you’ve health insurance with VHI, Quinn or Aviva. This option should be on their website.
Cheap Travel Insurance Ireland
If you were to take anything from this site, we would recommend that you read this cheap travel insurance Ireland guide as it will help you make up your mind and ensure you understand what you should be looking out for. This guide was put together in order to save you both money and time. Its aim is to provide you with information that will help you decide on which policy suits you best and help you get the best and most relevant deal on the market.
Decide what type of policy is most relevant for your trip
The two main types of travel insurance available are single and multi trip policies. This is one of easiest decisions to make. If you’re planning on taking one trip within a 365 day period, you choice should be a single trip travel policy. If you plan to make two or more trips it may save you money by purchasing a multi trip policy, also known as an annual travel insurance policy.
Review insurance quotes
Most insurance companies in Ireland offer comprehensive internet quotes for travel insurance policies which can be purchased online rather than going through a retail outlet or intermediary. If you have any queries give the insurance company a quick call. Once you have decided on the policy, consider purchasing online as some companies are now pushing for online sales and offer discounted quotes. Online holiday cover policies maybe more competitive than purchasing over the telephone. Always shop around and make sure you are comparing like with like.
This is very important as the destination of your trip will impact on your quote and this will vary from insurer to insurer. In general the options will be UK, Europe and Worldwide. Despite most insurers advertising travel cover based on the above territories, some countries may be excluded, these countries might be experiencing political or civil unrest, war or terrorism. You may already be aware of these countries through the media and news, but if in doubt you can check the World Health Organisation or Department of Foreign affairs. Alternatively give the insurer a quick call to confirm. Most travel insurance policies will have territory and country exclusions.
Over 65 and 70 year old travel insurance
Most travel insurance policies will cover you up to 65 years old as standard. For individuals over 65 and 70 years old, premiums maybe slightly more expensive as risk increases with age. It’s also important to note that if you have a pre-existing medical condition you must inform the insurer, they may require you to contact medical screening in order to establish the risk level for that specific condition. If they deem it to be a serious condition you may have to pay an additional premium for cover. Travel Insurance Ireland is a comparison website for Irish residents that offers comprehensive holiday insurance policies at very competitive prices.
Worldwide travel insurance
Worldwide travel insurance will cover you to travel to most worldwide destinations, although there may be exclusions on certain destinations due to war or political unrest. The main options are UK, Europe and Worldwide. Select the relevant geographical location that suits you. If you do select UK or Europe initially and then decide to travel to the USA later that year, you will have to contact the insurance company to request an upgrade.
Holiday insurance strike cover
Strike cover may come as standard on holiday insurance policies. In general the insurance company will pay you up to the amount shown in the travel insurance policy schedule for any irrecoverable overseas accommodation costs at your trip destination which you have paid or are contracted to pay as a result of the cancellation of your flight due to strike or industrial action taken by the airline on which you are due to travel. Always read the terms and conditions carefully to ensure that your policy includes strike cover.
Compare Travel Insurance Ireland is an Irish Travel Insurance Comparison website offering useful information in relation to travel insurance limits and benefits. Thank you for visiting our travel insurance Ireland website, we hope you found the information useful and that you will save both time and money by using our handy holiday insurance tips. Enjoy your trip, hope to see you soon!
More Quick Quote Options
Perfect for a short break
- Cover up to 79 Years of Age
- Volcanic Ash Cover Optional
- Golf or Business Cover Optional
Cover all your trips in one
- Cover up to 74 Years of Age
- Get covered in minutes
- Get a family discount!
Your dedicated Ski cover Policy
- Includes limited off piste cover
- Cover your Ski Equipment
- Piste closure cover included
Dedicated Snowboarding cover Policy
- Includes limited off piste cover
- Cover your Ski Equipment
- Piste closure cover included
Ideal for clubs, colleges or schools
- Cover up to 79 Years of Age
- Volcanic Ash Cover Optional
- Golf or Business Cover Optional
For a gap year or a longstay break
- Covers lots of adventure activities
- Repeat exam cover (optional)
- Allows for a trip home up to 14 days
For the more adventurous traveller
- From Abseiling to Zip-lining
- Cover from 3 days upwards
- 4 levels of Activities to choose from
Travel Insurance from Getcover.ie
What Getcover means to its Customers
The original online travel insurance provider
Getcover.ie was set up in 1999 as Ireland’s first online insurance provider. And between the late 1990’s and the early 2000’s we, single-handedly, brought down the cost of travel insurance in Ireland to a fair and affordable price for our customers.
A fully Irish owned company
Getcover.ie is a fully Irish owned company and we understand our customer’s needs intimately. Our Insurer’s claims department and their 24 hour medical emergency contact lines are manned from Galway, Ireland. So you can rely on a friendly and helpful voice to answer your call if you are in need.
A cost effective and robust answer to your insurance needs
We are committed to providing travel insurance that is cheap and convenient without compromising on quality cover. With over 15 years’ experience, you can trust us when we say that we know what we are talking about when it comes to Irish Travel Insurance.
Cover for a wide range of activities right around the world
Getcover has always strived to offer the widest range of options and covers possible. Whether you are going to Spain or the South Pole or whether Scuba Diving or Sky Diving we can cover you.
Call Us Now
01 290 8833
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
Relax in luxury in the Airport Lounge with Travel Delay + Now included on all our Premium policies. Subject to 4 hour announced delay & Lounge availability & rules
Why Choose Allianz?
Great quality flexible products and a Claims service built with you in mind.
Great quality, flexible cover at competitive prices and our 24 Hour Claims Notification & Emergency Service.
Great value, flexible cover and our 24 Hour Claims Notification Service.
Peace of mind 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.*
With MyAllianz you can:
- View cover details
- Make payments
- View documents
- Request changes
- Submit & track claims
Drive confidently with the protection of an Allianz Car Insurance policy.
Protect your home and enjoy peace of mind with Allianz Home Insurance. More Information.
Keep your best friend protected with an Allianz Pet Insurance policy. More Information.
Time afloat is precious. Keep it that way with Allianz Boat Insurance. More Information.
Protect the things you love with Renters Insurance.
For Claims help and information on our Emergency Service and Breakdown Assistance.
Pupil Personal Accident
Allianz is the leading Schools insurer in Ireland.
Feel relaxed on holiday with a travel insurance policy from Allianz Global Assistance. More Information.
Allianz provide specialist products for the small to medium enterprise (SME) market. More Information.
What our Customers say.
A simple promise, built on TRUST is at the core of Allianz’s business. Allianz staff are committed to helping our policyholders and meeting their needs quickly and sensitively at a time of crisis.
Global Reviews rank Allianz 1 st for online customer experience for car insurance in Ireland.*
Allianz has decades of experience in this business and has operated in Ireland for over 100 years.
Allianz is one of the world’s largest insurers operating in more than 70 countries.
Allianz is trusted by over half a million customers in Ireland for a wide range of insurance products.
* The Global Reviews study is carried out on behalf of Allianz and paid for by Allianz.
Allianz in Ireland is part of the Allianz Group, one of the world’s leading insurance and financial service companies. The Allianz Group employs over 160,000 people in over 70 countries worldwide, each with their own in-depth experience of local markets and all focused on a common goal – local expertise and global presence.